A "52" Project for 2009

12

A "52" Project for 2009

Scribbler
People on the course I took are attempting a '365' - a photo a day for 2009
I'm not sure that it's an achievable goal for me so I wondered whether anyone on here would like to join me in a '52' - a photo a week - goal. I think it would be much more achievable and would therefore be fun, rather than a chore.

What do others think or
Joo

Re: A "52" Project for 2009

Joo
I'll give it a go!!! Hopefully we won't lose track of ourselves and I'll probably need reminding but yes...... lets do it!!

Need more details now!!!

Joo x

Re: A "52" Project for 2009

Scribbler
NO

Just add a photo each week taken in the previous week...

Perhaps we can post on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday each week. That gives us a chance to get on here on at least one of the days. Make it a specific day and we'll ( sorry  I'll) forget.

If we say that the '52' can start any week of the year it can allow for others to join and start their own '52' project.

I'm really going to make an effort to do this one - much more fun than the usual goals of eating sensibly, being patient etc

Joo

Re: A "52" Project for 2009

Joo
Great stuff!! Lets do it!!

Happy New Year!!

Joo x

Re: A "52" Project for 2009

Fibroman
Don't know whether I would manage one a week but here's a picture I took at a local nature reserve the other day the light was just perfect, I am hopeless at pictures but I like this one.

Visit my website: Fibromyalgia Help

Re: A "52" Project for 2009

Scribbler
Your definately NOT hopeless at photography! That's a super phot. The reflections in the water are a great capture. You saw and took the photo that nature had provided.

My conservatory is sooo cold that I haven't been near my laptop for a few days (I'm using the old PC) but I will post a photo this week either tonight or tomorrow. When I do I've got a really amusing one ( well I think it is) and it might be fun to think of a caption for it.

I might even be greedy and add another photo that I'm quite pleased with
Joo

Re: A "52" Project for 2009

Joo
Thats a lovely picture Graham, what a great spot to be, looks cold tho'!!  Whereabouts were you?

Joo x

Re: A "52" Project for 2009

Scribbler
Well here's my effort for this week

Can anyone think of a suitable caption

2009_0101NewYearsDay090032a.jpg

Can I sneak this one in too . Great winter sunset at our local park - by the river

2009_0104RiversideSunset0009.JPG

Re: A "52" Project for 2009

Fibroman
Joo wrote
Thats a lovely picture Graham, what a great spot to be, looks cold tho'!!  Whereabouts were you?

Joo x

Its a local nature reserve near us in Nottinghamshire, we like bird watching so we often have a walk round with our binoculars, this time I took my camera and yes it was really cold, the ducks were walking on the ice.

Visit my website: Fibromyalgia Help

Re: A "52" Project for 2009

Fibroman
Great pictures scribbler.

The only caption I could come up with was:

"Ku Klux Klan try a new iniative to recruit swans"
Visit my website: Fibromyalgia Help

Re: A "52" Project for 2009

Scribbler
Mine was " You fool - she's bound to take a photo of you like that"

Re: A "52" Project for 2009

Scribbler
2009_0113Faith0032b.jpg

Everybody go "Ahhhhhhhh"

I must admit the quality of the image is  but the symbolism behind it I think is great. I transferred it into B & W because I felt it gave grater impact and made it more memorable.

Re: A "52" Project for 2009

Fibroman
I like that Scribbler and as you say its even better in black and white.

Its about time Joo put one of hers on here, come on Joo, get snapping.
Visit my website: Fibromyalgia Help
Joo

Re: A "52" Project for 2009

Joo
Oh alright then, hope it works Josh+kite+flying+05+08.jpg

This is my eldest grandson on a very happy visit to Weston Super Mare beach back last summer, sorry not really done anything this week, hope thats okay? It's great having the camper van down there 'cos we can park up and make a brew and butties!!

I often find myself looking for alternatives to things and photography is no exception. My favourite subject is people and in particular, funny faces or wacky stuff!! I just wish I could remember how to use those f-stops!! I often switch around different settings on my old Canon 350D and lenses too but I forget lots of things all the time so just go for it!! My family are often very forgiving with having my camera about and I love family get togethers 'cos me and my 3 brothers are all camera nuts!!

Liking the black and white effect Scribbler, I want to try that again, I used to do it with 35mm film somtimes and it's lovely. Can we critique at all? I'd love to know what you reckon I could have tried differently or lighting etc. Feel free to pass your negative/postive comments on to me!!

Joo x

p.s. If anyone else wants to join in occasionally then please do, we all love to look at the photos

Re: A "52" Project for 2009

Fibroman
Hi Joo

I like the picture, kids always make good subjects don't they? You're right about taking him in the camper van, that's what we love about ours, we can just pop out for day have a walk round then come back and put the kettle on its brilliant.

We are venturing out at the weekend and meeting some friends for a nights camping, I'm hoping the weather isn't too cold, we're hoping to do a bit of walking (must remember to take the camera) and then have a pub meal on Saturday night, spend the night in the van (brrr!!) and return home Sunday. Its our first camping trip of 2009 so we are looking forward to it, we were having withdrawal symptoms.
Visit my website: Fibromyalgia Help
Joo

Re: A "52" Project for 2009

Joo
The weather forecast looks a bit dodgy this weekend Graham, make sure you batten down the hatches!!  Theres been some lovely sunrises recently, will you be up early or do you prefer sunsets and lie ins!!

Joo x

Re: A "52" Project for 2009

Fibroman
Joo wrote
The weather forecast looks a bit dodgy this weekend Graham, make sure you batten down the hatches!!  Theres been some lovely sunrises recently, will you be up early or do you prefer sunsets and lie ins!!
Definitely sunsets and lie-ins, I was listening to the local radio the other morning and the chap was saying what a fantastic sunrise it was but I just couldn't bring myself to get out of bed to get my camera (lazy beggar ).

Yes the weather looks as if its going to be awful doesn't it?  Typical it knows we are going camping, better get the old sow wester(sp?) out.

Visit my website: Fibromyalgia Help
Joo

Re: A "52" Project for 2009

Joo
Spare a thought for my poor hubby spending the weekend on exercise out in the open!! He's definately packed his thermals  (nearest icon to a wrapped up hubby!!)

Lets hope the Queen appreciates him

Joo x

Re: A "52" Project for 2009

Buffy Boo
Administrator
I can't believe I missed this thread.
I'm no good with a camera, in fact I don't own one as mine went walkabout.
I love the pictures.....
My caption for the swans is " No, there's no marks dear, you wiped properly for a change."
Love the water pictures and the baby's hand is gorgeous.
I bet Josh really enjoyed his kite flying.
Great thread..... come one photographers.... we are missing two weeks.
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.
  - Philip K. Dick

Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Re: A "52" Project for 2009

heather
Hi what shall we call this pic lol how about Lhasa Apso, lost anti freeze ...............
12