April

12

April

Olive
Hi all, well it's April already, were are the months going.Had a lovely morning when out with my youngest daughter, she is into cake making, so we went shopping for think to decorate her cakes, she has made some lovely cakes, she made one for her friends 21st and as her friend is going to live in the USA she made the cake as a big American flag but instead of it being red and blue she did it in pink and lilac, as those are her favourite colours, i will try and get some photos of her cake and post them on here.
Hope everyone is OK sending hugs for those that need them. Olive xx

Re: April

Wendy
Happy April, better weather is on the way!!, I went out for a walk, only about half a mile but I have had such a bad knee, but i need to get a bit of walking in before we go on holiday.
What goes round comes round, its a shame you cant be a fly on the wall to watch it happen.

Re: April

Buffy Boo
Administrator
Well, I've finally got the builders in.
They have had to strip everything out,(the liner was completely blocked)..
They are making an inglenook opening for the stove to sit in..... I'll post some before and after pictures when they have finished.
I was very rude to these blokes when they first called (weeks ago)as I didn't know where they were from. I've been trying to make up  for it with chocolate hobnobs and viennese whirls! Lol.I 'm also the tea lady. I'm happy to keep them sweet, they'll do a tidy job then....I hope.
Heather rang me yesterday, it was lovely to hear her voice. She sounds so positive. Keep it up kid, you are an example to us all.
I don't know how the builders are managing bladder wise but I've been matching their cuppas and am now having to pee every 10 mins....
Sorry Graham....too much info.
Hugs to all
Buffy xx
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.
  - Philip K. Dick

Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Re: April

Buffy Boo
Administrator
What a beatiful day.
The builders were back this morning...the stove hasn't been put in yet as they couldn't get the the bolts loose,they have taken it with them to loosten them.
I spent most of yesterday clearing out my cupboards....I'm actually throwing stuff out that I've carried around since I was a kid....Things of no use...I can finally say good bye to.
Gwennie got out when the builders were  here. I've been to her regular haunt...looking like a right nelly whistling and calling to an invisible dog! She's chipped.Her tags were removed by someone about  2 weeks ago when she escaped last. I always get her back so I can't complain.
Spring happiness to you all.
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.
  - Philip K. Dick

Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
Joo

Re: April

Joo

Happy Holidays folks - kids are off school now!!  !!

I don't know, give a girl 5 weeks of iron jabs and she goes silly!! I had a very busy day yesterday - and more than the usual last week -and now I've just spent the afternoon kipping, Si and Jen are trying to work out exactly how many hours I was up there !!! And there was me thinking they loved me when all they want to do is take the **** out of me !!

Hope everyone is managing to get their gardening done, isn't it a busy time of year? I've only got six seed trays and they're beating me  I planted some marigold seeds and they're wafting in the breeze as I can't seem to get sorted with transplanting them!! Potatoes - I've OVER chitted  and am now trying to pass all the extra onto neighbours and friends!!! BUT......... my garlic is growing and so are my lettuces and onions  Last year I didn't plant anything at all as I just knew I wouldn't cope but refer to my first paragraph and blame the iron input!!

Fibro group is seemingly entering a new phase of peeps who are playing a part and our Wendy is one of them!! Our chairlady is an FMAUK trustee so we are taking on more of her roles 'cos she's so busy at national level. But one thing I'm trying to do now is get people to share roles as we all know how hard it can be to be 'lumbered' with being treasurer or secretary, it's too much for fibromites and we've struggled along for the past seven years like it! Theres actually not stacks of stuff to do - it's not a job after all! - but to have someone else to bounce ideas with is very helpful especially if you didn't make notes at the onset of an idea  !!!! Oh yes....... there is now a Bristol group at long last, only had one meeting so far but we all start somewhere  I'll maybe give them this site link

Well, pizza's ready, lazy supper for me, hope you're all enjoying your sunday and hope Gwennie has returned to the fold Buffs

Take care one and all,

Joo x

Re: April

xstitchnurse
Oh Buffy I hope your dog comes back to you soon.  I would be lost without mine.

Not been on here for a few days as i have had another accident. My ankle went from under me and I fell on the stairs spraining my ankle, the same one I have done 5 times before. Now back on crutches feeling very sorry for myself with an ankle that is black and blue.  I did this on Wednesday 1st April so mum thought it was an April fool when i rang her up to tell her.

oh well getting everyone to wait on me hand and foot so its not too bad but the pain is awful. Not letting it put too much of a dampner on things. had to laugh on Friday as I went to my friends and we were both sat there with a pair of crutches, her with her broken leg and me with me ankle!!!

Hope everyone is ok as this is a quick call and I'm so glad that things went ok for Heather with her operation. Joo don't overdo things too much as you will suffer later.

Nikki
xx

Re: April

Olive
Morning all, it's gone cold again, and dull. Well not been up to much,going shopping soon. Joint are still playing me up.
Joo, sound as if those iron injections have got you bouncing!

Nikki, what you like,the same ankle again, take care and rest our ankle. Olive

Re: April

Wendy
Hi all, Its gone right cold here too Olive, Ive put the central heating on!
We had a fab day yesterday, we went down to Devon to visit Joel, we had a lovely carvery lunch, then a couple of hours in Sidmouth, has anyone been there? oh what a pretty little place, the weather was good too.Today im feeling like poop, been to the Dentist this morning no work done yeepee!!My knee is now taking hold of my life at the mo, its driving me mad, mad enough to cut it off at the thigh, does anyone know of anything I can take without being sick or coming up in a rash.
What goes round comes round, its a shame you cant be a fly on the wall to watch it happen.

Re: April

Buffy Boo
Administrator
It might be worth you consulting a homeopath. If chemical medicines don't work maybe natural ones will.

Bloody cold here too. I've been cleaning all weekend. The fire hasn't been installed yet but it's only a 10 min job when they bring the stove back. I'm decluttering with a vengence. Finally parting with things that I've carried around since I was a teenager.Time to say goodbye.I've enjoyed seeing them again but keeping everything makes me unhappy so I need to prioritise. I'm using the opportunity of needing to clean up after the builders to inspire me to greater things. I've stopped half way through the middle room tonight tho so it's still unusable....it'll get finished tomorrow or the day after. I'm pleased with my progress. I tried to reduce my painkillers again this week but it affected my sleep so I'll wait a bit before trying that again.

Love and hugs to all.
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.
  - Philip K. Dick

Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Re: April

heather
Hi everyone, I think we have ben to Sidmouth Wendy, they  are all beautiful lovely places down there though. I am glad Joel is ok, I bet this is his first big weekend isn't it ? I will have everything crossed for him Wendy do you use a knee support for you bad knee ? I just wondered if anyone had given you one ( a support I mean lol)
Olive I keep going hot and cold, I will put why in the other thread.
Wow a bouncing Joo, are you bouncing like tigger does
Buffy sounds like your having the clear out to beat all clear outs lol watch you dont b**ger yourself up

Well peeps gpong tp post in the other thread before I get tired again
Take care
Love Heather
xxxxxxxxxxx

Re: April

Wendy
I finally saw a Dr today who actually knew what he was talking about, (its funny but hes one of the Dr's at our surgery who I'm not keen on) he examined it and said it it was very swollen, i was almost screaming when he moved me about, so he gave me a steroid injection, Oh my god I thought I was going to hit the roof I didn't know anything could hurt so much, but we will see he said it would probably take a few days to kick in, so I'm hoping it will be OK for the cruise (4 weeks and counting) I cant wear a support because i retain water in my knees.
Its been quite nice here today just had a shower at about 4pm but its a nice evening.
What goes round comes round, its a shame you cant be a fly on the wall to watch it happen.
Joo

Re: April

Joo

Cor blimey, aren't we a bunch of old crocks?  I'm still bouncing (Joo style!) but 'ouching' on the downward leap  my grandson thinks I'm funny!! He's stopped over for a couple of nights and it's been lovely  He's discovered our Jens old yoyo's and I've been getting him to practise - good fun but yoyo-ing indoors gets precarious!!  !!! He's off home at lunchtime so me and Si will go home via a looooong path we know by the Severn so he can de-bounce a bit on his bike for his poor old mum!! Picnic in the van I reckon Luckily I still have zoo membership till the end of the month so we'll all get another visit in before the end of the month. I have a disabled pass which means another adult comes in for free - anyone else use this type of thing? I also got my cinema pass thru but have yet to grab Si to use it!!

Well, Josh is 'encouraging' me to move and put CBeebies on so I'll say cheerio and catch up tomorrow! Did Gwennie get home yet Buff?

Take care of all those aches and pains guys - Nikki, what the heck are you like woman? Wendy, put your knee up as much as you can. I bet you're sitting at that table doing jewellery which isn't going to help missus  I'm right aren't I?!!

Joo x

Re: April

Wendy
Light at the end of the tunnel, my knee has improved slightly today a good sign. I hope it will get better as the days go on, as long as its ok for me hols, i might need to have another one the week before.
What goes round comes round, its a shame you cant be a fly on the wall to watch it happen.
Joy

Re: April

Joy
hello ladys and gentleman

Wendy I I had injection in my hip a few weeks ago so know just how you feel and the pain oooooooooo.
hope it helps with the pain .

I am a bit up and down think I need to take stock I have been over doing things since my hubbie retired and I know I am slowly running myself into the ground. Also since I stopped taking Magnesiam my pain has been worse not sure if it is that or me over doing things

big hugs for everyone have a great Easter

Re: April

Buffy Boo
Administrator
Hello all. How are you Joo after Josh's couple of days?
Gwennie came home later that eveing, I knew she would.A bloke had seen her out on the road with obviously no road sense so he took her to his daughter's house,who lives about 100 yards down the road on the opposite side. They came to ask if I'd lost her after they'd kept her all day...she had a holiday.
So, she's happy to be home and I was happy to see her.
The builders came back today and fitted my stove. It is just what I wanted...it looks like it's a rustic cottage fireplace.I'm a warm happy bunny again.
I'm still decluttering and cleaning out....so I'm just going to catch up on the washing.
Hugs
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.
  - Philip K. Dick

Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Re: April

Wendy
Oh yes Joy it really is feeling a lot better today I can actually walk on it now, got rid of the piggin stick ooooh I hate to use a stick.
Glad you got gwennie back Buff also really glad you got the stove working you've been waiting long enough!
A big Happy Easter to everyone, Im not having any Easter eggs, we go on hols in 4 weeks I darn't put any weight on.
What goes round comes round, its a shame you cant be a fly on the wall to watch it happen.
Joo

Re: April

Joo
Hi everyone, hope you all enjoy the holiday and choccy too!! I've got a bag full of eggs upstairs and too many for giving  help!! Slimming World beckons..........

Joy - magnesium tablets? I bought some a few weeks ago and don't know anything about taking them, can you help? Hope you feel a lot brighter soon

Buff, glad you're sorted heating-wise  And glad that Gwennie got home safely too  How's your mum doing these days, is she coping on her own okay?

Wenderoony - glad your knee's a bit easier, a walking stick does make you feel like an old cronk doesn't it? I find mine just makes my shoulders hurt more than my knees in the end so I just go without and wander all over the place!!

Had Pheebs over today, did loads of crafting and then went to the zoo (twice this week now!) and had a lovely time there. I'm worn out now!! Thank goodness I had that course of iron jabs, although I'm using it up pretty quick  Been doing a bit of photography with the kids this week so gonna try and load them on here - the last lot was too big and wouldn't load up

Anyway all, hope all is well with you and yours - Nikki, hows that foot?

Joo x

Re: April

Wendy
My knee is so much better today, I have done loads of walking today, I went into town this morning just for a few bits and bobs (for holiday) then Steve and I walked round Cleavdon ( about 10 miles from us)Im going to see if I can have another steroid injection a week before we go away, I have had a letter from the NHS for an appointment to see someone about my knee, I thought he said he was going to send me to Muscular- skeletal peeps, but its come through as the Rheumatologist, does anyone know if they are the same? well i could pick what hospital i wanted to go to, so I stioll picked Weston as they have always been good to me in the past.

Ive had a lovely day today, Mathew and his girlfriend (Hannah) came for lunch, then Steve and I went down to the beach for a walk, it was glorious and there was a classic car show on, we just strolled for a good hour and had an ice cream, I can see you all sat there saying "so what"  Me knee is almost back to normal cor blimey its been so bad for so long that i couldn't remember what a nice walk was. I will go now and crawl back under me stone
What goes round comes round, its a shame you cant be a fly on the wall to watch it happen.

Re: April

Olive
It's been a lovely day again today,Steve did the Runcorn bridge 5 mile run,he did it in 45 minutes.Afterwareds we went to Chester and had a lovely ice cream and watched the ducks and swans on  the river.
Wendy so glad your knee is getting better. Olive
12