DLA appeal?

Adele
Hi I have been turned down for DLA again (despite leters from my doctor!) so I have been told by CAB to go to the tribunal board - I have completed all the paperwork and just waiting for the date. I am a bit worried about what to expect has anybody been through this and can you tell me what to expect?

Re: DLA appeal?

heather
Hi Adele the best person on here to ask for advice is Netty. She went through loads of appeals and tribunals, she dont come on much at the minute, but I will ask my old mate Joo she nows a bit about it

Heather

Re: DLA appeal?

elaine ann
hello adele
many years ago i had an industrial accident.i was at work and i was coming out of the cellar after changing a barrel of beer and the trapdoor was on my back as you had to lift it with your back and neck to get out i was half way out when someone trod on the door and knocked me back down the cellar.this caused a wedge copllapse in the top of my spine.so long story short got no compensation for that.but eventually i had to give up working because of the pain.so i was assessed and told i was 10%disabled for which you got nothing so i appealed.was seen by a retired doctor,surgeon,and a lawyer all sat in on my appeal.now i nearly did not go as i was very nervous.so they gave me the decision there and then that i was 25% disabled.that meant that i could get sick pay and industrial inguries.most of my problems have all stemmed from doctors who did not send me for tests early enough it was years before they knew the accident had caused my problem.but i did win my appeal and for that i am proud of what i did.however the downside is you have to keep having medicals and at one such medical one snotty lady doctor i saw said i was now only 20% disabled so was signed off the sick fit for work.
now the only problem i have with that is.when i won my appeal was seen by experts who said i would only get worse as time goes on.now if i had been seen by experts again at the medicals then i wouyld have felt better about that but you are seen by ordinarl gps mostly retired who just do it to keep their hand in.
but dont let this put you off adele you go for your appeal.one day one of these doctors will also be sitting writing posts at 5am because they have had no sleep through pain cant get comfortable because the pain is so bad well we can hope cant we good luck to you
elaine ann

Re: DLA appeal?

Adele
Thanks Heather - I thought it would be helpful to know what to expect before going into the lions den!! So any info would be useful.

Re: DLA appeal?

Adele
Thanks Elaine Anne its useful to know how you got on I hope I dont get anyone who is unsympathetic and doesnt know what they're talking about! Like you said who knows one day they might suffer with Fibro I bet they will fight for a fairer system then!!
Adele x

Re: DLA appeal?

Minny
Hi Adele, i don't want to put you off, but i also applied for D.L.A because of my Fibro. I got refused it, and like you was advised by CAB to appeal, did this, and it got refused, took it to tribunal to, but this also got refused!!! Think they must be clamping down on things. Did get a copy of my docs report tho, and to be honest no wonder i got refused, it was hardly worth it. He got paid for doing it, and it was a load of rubbish!!!  But i don't know if u are going to the tribunal to put ur case forward??  I didn't, and they only had the written application to go on... Anyway good luck Adele, and hope you have better luck than me... Don't know what to do now tho, is hard when the docs don't seem to support you!!!!

Minny.xx

Re: DLA appeal?

Adele
hi Minny thanks for your message. I haven't had a date for the tribunal yet but I am going to attend because I was advised by the CAB to do so because like you said I can put my case forward. I was told though if I'm still refused DLA I can wait a couple of months and reapply - It might be worth you doing that.If  things don't  go  my way thats what I shall do and get the case worker at CAB who's been helping with my appeal to help fill the form in (they seem to know how to word the form better than I did when I filled the original form in!) I've been really lucky with my GP he's been really supportive and has actually written a couple of letters for me in support of my appeal, I'm sorry you've not had the same support.Some times you wish they could live your life for a week so they know what Fibro sufferers have to go through I bet it would be easier to get help then! Anyway dont give up and I will let you know how I get on. Take care

Adele xx

Hi Adele, i don't want to put you off, but i also applied for D.L.A because of my Fibro. I got refused it, and like you was advised by CAB to appeal, did this, and it got refused, took it to tribunal to, but this also got refused!!! Think they must be clamping down on things. Did get a copy of my docs report tho, and to be honest no wonder i got refused, it was hardly worth it. He got paid for doing it, and it was a load of rubbish!!!  But i don't know if u are going to the tribunal to put ur case forward??  I didn't, and they only had the written application to go on... Anyway good luck Adele, and hope you have better luck than me... Don't know what to do now tho, is hard when the docs don't seem to support you!!!!

Minny.xx

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/DLA-appeal-tp3505363p3865225.html
To unsubscribe from DLA appeal?, click here.

Re: DLA appeal?

Minny
Yeh Adele, please keep me informed.
I know i should have gone to put my case forward, but when i got initially refused D.L.A, then the apeal got refused, jst thought i'd go to apeal but let them deal with it!!!  Was told that they were aware i had my fibro, but that i could still do things, it just takes me a lot longer. Like i can cook and walk about etc.....
Well anyways gonna get going now, not been feeling well theese last 6 weeks, got a viral infection at the mo, u take care, and good luck with everything.

Minny