December 2009

12
Joo

December 2009

Joo

It's here guys - the month that we can now mention the 'C' word - CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!

Now who's got the tree up yet?

Joo x

Re: December 2009

Bongo
We put our tree up a week before Christmas, with a Christmas film on or Christmas music. We also have to eat minces pies whilst trimming up. Dave is sneaking around and deleting the history on the pooter, so I can't see which sites he is ordering Christmas prezzies from.

Take care all, keep warm.
Ali x

Re: December 2009

Wendy
We put ours up the week before Christmas, we listen to Chrissie music too Ali I love it
What goes round comes round, its a shame you cant be a fly on the wall to watch it happen.

Re: December 2009

Adele
Hi all

hubby and i went to the Good Food show in Birmingham end of last week and when we got back my 2 kids had put up the xmas tree! We dont normally put it up this early and I will be really fed up with it by the end of xmas but I didnt have the heart to tell them to take it down!

Re: December 2009

Olive
We put the tree up the week Before, as well.
Joy

Re: December 2009

Joy
Me too

Shorter time the better for me I know !!!!  Bah Humbug
Joo

Re: December 2009

Joo

We always used to put the tree up on the 16th december as it is our sons birthday on the 15th. Now the grandkids have their tree up on the 1st of the month so we follow soon after! This weekend probably.

Wow! Has anyone been full of the aches and pains big time today? I'm whacked out - don't understand why really?!! I know theres fibro and my mate Arfur in the equation but really - what a beeping nuisance it is

Hoping to see the grandkids tomorrow, I'll be smiling then!!

Joo x

Re: December 2009

Wendy
yes Joo I am absolutely knackered, had a busy day Wednesday, but not come round as yet
What goes round comes round, its a shame you cant be a fly on the wall to watch it happen.
Joo

Re: December 2009

Joo

......and of course it's been a full moon this week and it was awfully close to the earth !!!!

Whoooooooooooo!!!!!!

Joo x
Joy

Re: December 2009

Joy
I wrote an essay on here yesterday and wooosh gone , had it something to do with that full moon Joo ???

I went xmas shopping with my eldest Grandson yesterday drank coffee shopped coffee sopped Pizza. Lovely day. We have been every year since he was 11 he is now 20.It is now an Christmas tradition. We go th Southend on Sea Christmas eve with my daughter for dinner to remember my Mum she loved it there and passed on Boxing Day 16yrs back . What family traditions do you have ??

My youngest Grandson had afternoon tea with Gordon Brown Mr& Mrs Darling The Saturdays and Dick & Dom on Thursday at 11 Downing Street, celebration for young carers.

Apart from all that like others I ache&sore and have a throat infection.  Need sunshine shall we go on one of our holidays ??? cheer us all up

Happy Sunday everyone
Hugs

Re: December 2009

elaine ann
hi girls
the tree went up this week mostly for isabella.have done my xmas shopping, just the food to get.we will be having roast beef this year.jonty is going to market drayton for xmas this year.i dont ask my other son as years ago i used to ask him every year scince he left home at 18.they always refused us and i cried myself to sleep every year so now i dont ask then i wont get upset, he is 36 now.they probably think i am awful but i dont think that two poxy days of the year is worth falling out over.
yes pain again this weather plays havock with my back the pain is terrible but there is nothing i can do about it tried everything.heat pad is probably the best i have.its the emotional pain that is affecting me most trying to keep everyone happy.husband, mum, sisters,.
well i will go and get some beakfast now
have a good day girls
elaine
Joy

Re: December 2009

Joy
Is anyone there !!!!!  lol

Ladies and gents I do hope you are all so busy enjoy preps for christmas and you are not poorly . I have a dreadful cold all week,  which today has gone to my chest ....   Keep taking the pills lol
Last night I went to Pinks concert at London O2 WOW what a lady, second time I have seen her. Couldn't sing it hurt my throat Ah bless me

Elaine anne I am with you all the way such fuss for two days and not worth any rows with your family . My Daughter has been invited to my sons boxing night ( she works in the day ) but we haven't , it really hurts doesn't it ??

Right breakfast and pills

Have a good day a relaxing weekend

soft hugs

Joo

Re: December 2009

Joo

Hi girls,

Christmas can be a right royal pain at times can't it? Your post Elaine, reminds me of how during my mum and dads lifetimes, my next brother up, after he got married, never once sat down to christmas dinner with them or any of our family and I think it was grossly unfair on them and mum used to get really upset. I think my sister in law might be doing the same to her two kids now as I notice they're having christmas lunch there with their new partners this year. Really brasses me off it does - I went to a lot of trouble to make sure we had xmas lunch with alternate parents and I also taught myself to call Si's parents mum and dad even tho' it wasn't the same at all but we won't enter the in law debate will we?!!!!! It's such an emotional time of year but I just sit back and await instructions from Dan and Kate as to whats happening and we accept whatever suits them so we've had a different venue each year so far!! Dan will be in a big bad desert this time next year so he's home based this year 'cos he wants to for obvious reasons. By the way - he'll be 30 next week! Bloody hell, I feel old!!

Anyway guys, you'll never get over it if you don't please yourselves first and foremost so invite yourself to a lovely christmas wherever you fancy and do all the things you want to do and eat precisely what you want and most of all - enjoy your own company, thats how to deal with christmas problems, let the problems belong to others and just make sure you have a good time. After all, there's many folk who won't get the opportunity to do anything at all so please just go for it and be positive about yourself, it's how I get thru dodgy days.

Sorry - I'm rambling aren't I?

You know what I mean tho'................

Joo x

Re: December 2009

elaine ann
hi girls what good advice you have given me.i will try to enjoy it we will be having mum for dinner as my sister who live in the same complex is going to her son.so she will have to come to me as john will not eat his xmas dinner down at mums he puts up with such a lot during the year with me being with mum all the time so its only right that i think of him.
got a cold today which i was expecting as we went to the school xmas play to see isabella and the kids were all sneezing and coughing etc.well i will go and get some beakfast
take care girls
elaine

Re: December 2009

Olive
Hi all, it's been sooo cold. My joints are killing me, hope i am feeling better by Thursday, as our Daughter and son-in-law, are taking use, and David mum out to the pantomime, as a thank you for having them to stay with use,while the got the house fit to live in.
Hope every one is Ok. Olive

Re: December 2009

Buffy Boo
Administrator
Hello all,
my tree is up. I don't celebrate Christmas, I'm a happy hippy and we'll be celebrating the winter solstice. To quote the Beatles... Here comes the sun....do do do do. The other reason for doing this is that I don't have to take turns at christmas with the in laws. The kids can come for my solstice and then spend chrimble elsewhere.
I made a lot of our decorations this year from Holly, Mistletoe and other evergreen stuff that I found in the garden. I made a couple of pine cone wreaths too. I have one of those glade freshmatic spray things that go off every, 9, 18 or 36 minutes. Usually I have lavender in it but now I have spiced apple or something and it is lush. With my wood stove and my scent, I'm happy.
We haven't gone mental on the gifts either, I'm blessed with 3 unselfish kids. Whilst Rowena's friends are having new laptops and iphones she has asked for books! Rhys has had a ticket to a festival in August.....I thought it was an odd one but it's what he wanted and by buying it early there was a bit of a discount, lol.Jake hasn't asked for anything , he'll be 21 in February and he wants me to pay for us to all go out for a chinese banquet. I know they are still young and that they will eventually wander off....though Jake plans to live here whilst he studies at Uni(next year hopefully...he's doing an access course) Rhys can't wait to leave and some days neither can I. He'll be going to uni the same time as Jake but Rhys has applied to Bristol, Bath, Cardiff and Glasgow!!!!!!Jake has applied to the uni that you can practically spit at from here.
Rhys has always been the risk taker out of my kids.... Jakes is just not as adventurous, Rowena fits in there somewhere in between.
Since that course last year my life has improved immeasurably. I still have pain, I still fatigue easily but with planning and pacing I can deal with it far better than I have ever before. When I woke up this morning I felt like I'd been kicked all night by a very angry mule...but as Dave is not here at the moment I guess it wasn't him. 20 mins in a hot shower had every thing loosed up enough to start the day.
I hope every one has a smile on their face today.
I'm off to get more washing done so that it's all dry and good.
Have fun
xx

Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.
  - Philip K. Dick

Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
Joo

Re: December 2009

Joo
Olive - are you enjoying the panto? Oh yes you are!!!!

Elaine - most people have turkey at christmas, it'll have to be a big plate if you have your mum for dinner!!!

And the Buffster - hello missus, great to see you! Love the sound of the roaring fire - have you tried throwing orange peel etc on there for the scent? And burning apple tree cuttings is lovely too  I have a burner here too, not as grand as yours but very good. Had it for years but now my insulation is at full tilt we haven't needed it for ages!! Hope your Solstice celebrations go well, I'm sure you have the right idea there and I'd love to hear more about it sometime. Love to Rowena

As for me, what can I say?  just about sums it up!!

Joo x
Joy

Re: December 2009

Joy
I love the LOOK of the snow but daughter is snowed in don't like that as she is 30mls away .

love your humour Joo about the same as mine !!!!!

I love the idea of a burner but not the work. Buff I have a picture of your home bit like santas log cabin. I wish I could celebrate like you do I know I would love it.

Olive was the panto good ?

Well I am very pleased with myself. Cards all sent pressies all wrapped tree up,  mind it took a screaming match with my hubbie along the lines of ----  O yes you want all the nice bits going out, seeing friends panto etc. you just seem to forget I have a chronic Illness CFS a cold and trying to see my poorly brother run the house do christmas and keep well  why o why does he look at me blank like I am mad    I love him really

Hope everyone is not under to much pressure or snowed in

Big warm hugs  Joy x  x

Re: December 2009

Olive
Hi all,We had a lovely time at the panto, the Kyra and Olivia really enjoyed them selves,i got a bit wet as the came around with water guns and soaked ever one. But it was great fun.
 I have got a bad cold, sneezing and coughing every were. Just hope Steve doesn't get it you know what men are like?.
Hope every one is ready for Christmas, i am nearly just a few things to wrap. Olive xx

Re: December 2009

xstitchnurse
Hello all,

Just bobbed in to wish you all a very merry Christmas and all the best for the new year. Hope to find more time next year to get on here as been very busy with one thing and another. Been knitting like fury in time for xmas so hands have always been busy and have had no time to get on here.

Anyway have a good festive season

Lots of love

Nikki
xx