Masai Barefoot technology.

Buffy Boo
Administrator
I bought a pair of these "shoes". They are classed as an exercise device becausethey make it harder to walk.
I've wanted them for about 3 years but they aren't cheap.
I'll keep you up with how I'm getting on with them.
Today was day 1:
Recommended wear is one hour a day for 2 weeks then increase until able to waer all day. I'm starting off at 30mins a day for a week as my pain threshold is rubbish.
Wore them to go to the shop. Half hour in all. Strange rolling motion is difficult to do.... I dragged them a couple of times. The right shin became uncomfortable first after 10 mins. No pain just an awareness.  More practise tomorrow.
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.
  - Philip K. Dick

Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Re: Masai Barefoot technology.

Buffy Boo
Administrator
I wore the shoes for two days and then had two days rest. My pelvic girdle was really uncomortable...so I guess the shoes are doing what they are supposed to do.
I wore them for 15 mins today, I've cut the time down as the pain was too much. I walked fairly briskly along the road to the Post Box and back (Now I know you all know exactly how far that is..... 7.5 mins one way!) For the last couple of minutes it felt as though I was walking on soft sand. So I guess that means the muscles are moving.