Nefopam Hydrochloride (acupan)

Wendybe
Hi everyone :)

Bet you'd all forgotten about me, its been so long since I visited.  I've been through both a really bad spell since that physio assessment, and with having Littlun home overt he holidays its been nice to spend time with her.  I shall miss her when she goes back to college next week.

Anyway - here to tell you about a new combination of pain killers that has - at long last - made a difference to the severe pain of a flare up.

I had to come of tramadol as it was effecting my asthma, and they gave me something else which had me totally away with the fairies - I didnt know what I was doing - literally. Since found out its a class A drug in some parts of the world, and 8 tabs (a days dose) is equal to a bag of heroin - eek!!  So came off them pretty sharpish.

There was very little choice left to me, and the doc said the pain was severe enough to warrant morphine, but of course I cant have that because I react so badly, so it was onto these nefopam pills.

They werent as effective as tramadol on their own, but in combination with paracetamol, they really do make a difference.  No side effects that I can detect, either.

Its a fairly new drug on the market, but thought you guys might want to try it if you are having trouble with other things, as so many of us do.

Other news - in brief - got a wheelchair now, so even tho the sun had deserted us by the time I got it, it has meant I can go out and do stuff with the girls, which is brilliant.

Now rustling up the energy to let the DLA people know, in the hope they will re-think my mobility.

Re: Nefopam Hydrochloride (acupan)

Buffy Boo
Administrator
I'm glad you have found something that gives you some relief.
And of course, we had missed you.......
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.
  - Philip K. Dick

Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
Joo

Re: Nefopam Hydrochloride (acupan)

Joo
 Hi there Wendy, great to see you posting again and good to hear that you've found a good combination of drugs. The wheels sound useful too - who pushes!!

Best of luck with the DLA, noticed on FMAUK thats theres been some comments made about people copying the info on their site (allegedly) and the DLA have passed comment on this. Not fully sure of the details but you can look at their site if you want to know more.

Hope your daughter gets on well at college this term, you'll be on here posting about 'empty-nest' syndrome soon!!

Joo x

Re: Nefopam Hydrochloride (acupan)

netty
Hi Wendy, I've been taking these since September last year along with paracetamol, clonazepam & Zopiclone & they haven't really done much for me but glad they help you out

Re: Nefopam Hydrochloride (acupan)

Diana
Hi Wendy - just come upon your blog!  I've been prescribed Acupan (Nefopam hydrochloride) and took one tablet in the middle of the night.  Didn't feel it did any good, so might try it with paracetamol.  But the best pill in the world is Syndol (generic is Adcodol) which one can buy by the 100 over the counter in South Africa, and not in New Zealand.  It comprises "Codeine Phosphate 10mg, Doxylamine Succinate 5 mg, Paracetamol 450mg, Caffeine 45mg and is sugar free.  Do not use continuously for more than 10 days without consulting your doctor. .... may lead to dependency and addiction".  [Adcock Ingram Limited www.adcock.co.za]   Would you know WHY this is the most effective painkiller in the world?  Thanks