October

12

October

Wendy
Cor blimey its October!!!!!!!!, and its warmer than it was in August.
What is everyone up to in October (Christmas shopping!!!!!!)
What goes round comes round, its a shame you cant be a fly on the wall to watch it happen.
Joy

Re: October

Joy
Hello October

Don't be so rude Wendy printing that naughty word lol  shhh  ( Ch------- )

Not a lot planned for this month only my big brothers 70 th Birthday on 6th. Just had a nightmare getting him a card on moonpig I know its me I press all the wrong buttons . Mind my hubbie says I do that to him too ah well !!!!!!

See you soon all

Byeeee

Re: October

Olive
I know Wendy, this year as gone soo fast.Well we are Going to Windermere again for a few days,on the 12Th, it's a little break for my birthday (it's on  Saturday) and Steve's birthday ( his is the 1st of November)   On the 22ND our Grandson is having his Engagement party,really looking forward to it.then the next day, Steve is running a marathon in Snowdonia( he is running it for use he as already got over 200 pounds in sponsors) So go qiut a lot on. Olive

Re: October

Wendy
Sorry Joy i don't mean to use bad language (legs been smacked) but where has the years gone.
We are going away tomorrow to see me baby (hes 20) im really exited.
I had an email back from our lovely Rita, she has had a really bad stomach, she said she will try and get on this week.
What goes round comes round, its a shame you cant be a fly on the wall to watch it happen.
Joy

Re: October

Joy
Not a lot to say today except ITS COLD brrrrrrrr  Hope everyone ok and not as cold as me

Re: October

Olive
Hi all,not been up to much. Really looking forward to Sunday, as we will be at the lakes for a few days.
Joy, i am really cold as well, think the wether is on the change. Olive
Joo

Re: October

Joo
Hi all,

I've been to hydro today, it's lovely, so lovely in fact I hope to be able to afford two sessions a week! Wouldn't it be lovely to be able to afford your own hot pool eh? That would warm you up very quickly Joy!

Have a lovely time at the lakes Olive - are you camping/caravanning/hotelling/B&B'ing?

Anyone see the Dispatches programmes about pensions tonight - scarey stuff!

Spoke by text to Heather today, sounds like they're having a lovely time around Padstow, Tintagel etc and it was a lovely sunny day too. I hope we can meet up on saturday for a little while.

Wendy was enjoying the rain in Devon!!

Other than that - everything is up to it's normal! Take care all.....oh, nearly forgot, remember about the Raft Race back in July? The organisers are donating £500 toward a projector and laptop for our group!!!! Woo hoo!!

Chuffed,

Joo x

Re: October

Buffy Boo
Administrator
Hello all,
I had an email from our lovely Wendy and here I am, present and reporting for duty!
Great to see that Joo made it back safely before me... I  always was at the back of the line.
I'm not doing too badly. I have a little routine and I seem to be coping with things a bit better now. I've been rough....silly stuff really but I allowed it to spiral and I'm only now getting back on top.
My kids are well. Jake is back in college doing an access course, Rhys is doing A2 after getting a B in electronics a C in Maths and a D in Physics at AS. He's looking at studying maths at uni if and when he goes. Rowena is gorgeous! She has a boyfriend now... it's ok... he doesn't like holding hands or public displays of affection.... she'll be safe for a few months yet. My ginger cat had an accident last week and £131.00 later he looks like a poodle. He may have been knocked over , I can't tell but he had a 6inch gash in his tail.. it was down to the bone... eugh! He's doing ok though and they managed to save the tail. I have a fostered Old English mastiff, who is 9 and called Missy(an unsuitable name for such an ugly dog... we love her though). Jim, Rowena's tortoise has had a birthday and is getting quite fat. The 3 other cats are well and happy, the stumpy one particularly has come on leaps and bounds. Gwenny the sheepdog is getting old. Her lumps are bigger and she's getting more and more misty eyed. She's happy in herself and until she lets me know otherwise we can continue to enjoy each others company.
I don't use the PC as much as I used to but I will try and maintain a more regular attendance.
Love to everyone.
Buffy xx

Apologies for the months that I haven't been here. Especially if anyone felt let down. xx
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.
  - Philip K. Dick

Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
Joy

Re: October

Joy
It's raining it's pouring the old man is ---- come on folks sing along

Do you know some days I think I am just nuts others I think maybe I have lost it all together   lol

Hi Buffy your family are are doing good ,  well done to them , you must be a great & very proud Mum. Hey I don't feel let down , I understand you have Fibro too and a busy family life. Thanks for getting us together in the first place .

Joo  I wanted my hubbie to built a hydro-pool in my dinning room but he seems to think it may be in the way !!!!!!! just because it is a walk way to my kitchen !!!  Twice a week would be WONDERFUL . there was a notice at the CFS clinic today that our local pool is open 12.30- 2.00 on a Sunday for for arthritis sufferers for gentle exercise will phone tomorrow for more details.

Take care all keep warm & dry

Re: October

Buffy Boo
Administrator
Hi all,
In my garage we have a car pit, it has never been used for repairs as the bricks are too clean. It also holds about 6 inches of water so would have been impractical for the previous owners. When the kids move out, I've promised myself I'm turning it into a hot tub or jacuzzi.... I mean the hole is there, I just need to build the thing in it! It's good to dream.

Typically I've had to increase my pain killers for two days but on a plus side, I'm not as incapacitated as it usually makes me. I've made a lot of progress from someone who only got dressed a couple of days a week if that, to dressing everyday, managing to do a few household chores regularly and I'm happy now. I'm proud of my progress and that helps. Rather than fretting over what I can't do, I take pride in what I can.

I've been sitting downstairs in the "Warm" room, it's the one with the log burner in it and boy is it toastie... the animals love it too....moving Missy to check on the fire is hard work. She's the size of a medium adult....and she never thinks you mean her, when she hears you say "Move".
Take care everyone
Buffy xx
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.
  - Philip K. Dick

Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Re: October

elaine ann
hi folks
my son jonathan got himself a hot tub last year this is the second year hes used it it has a proper filter cleaning stuff like they have in the baths and he paid i think it was about£250.00 and i think that was with the umberella its great i have been in it a lot this year.but you have to dismantle it during the winter but its great fun to have.
elaine ann
Joo

Re: October

Joo
Wow! It's Buffy so tis! Hiya missus, how welsh Wales then? Looks a bit wet over there today, I can just peek it from my kitchen window Lovely to read your posts again - try to keep clicking on FFighters please! I'm only getting on the net about 2 or 3 times a week these days which is good really but it means people have to wait for a reply so I can sometimes miss important stuff!! Ah well, never mind 'eh? Great to hear about the kids, and is Rowenas boyfriend the one she was eyeing up a few months back?

I'm going to text Heather shortly to see if we can meet for a coffee tomorrow, hope so but I know the motorway traffics horrendous near us at the mo due to huge road works. We're off on monday so keep your fingers x'd for clear weather next week. We're going to go down as far as St Ives on one of the days as we love it so much and can't resist it! Packing warm woolies tho', brrrr! It is cold isn't it guys, but I have still resisted putting the heating on - I'm still able to manage with an extra jumper and a fleecy blanket in the evenings!! Now that is being brave isn't it?!!

Wonder how Wendy's holiday has gone, she'll be back soon won't she? And in case I forget - a message for her - we're having a Quiz Night at Clevedon on 27th November and the WSM group has just booked 4 tables - that means we only have 6 left out of the 20. Are you and Steve planning to come? Message over!

Take care all, I'm drifting into insanity again............move over Joy, make room for a little one!!

Joo x

Re: October

Olive
Hi all,it been so cold today. Joo hope you have a lovely holiday. We are of to the lakes on Sunday can't wait! just hope the rain keeps away,don't mind if it's a little cold, taking plenty of warm clothes.
Just finished my eye drops, going to the opticians next week to get some reading glasses hope every one is ok. Olive
Joy

Re: October

Joy
Everyone on holidays I will be all on my own

Have a great time and those already been I hope you had a real good time

Me cold tired and a bit fed up eating crisps dipped in chilli sauce

Enjoy the rest of the weekend

Re: October

Wendy
Oh Joy you sound a bit down, chips dipped in chili sauce sound good enough for me yum.
We had a mixed week (in Devon) a lot of rain, but we saw Joel singing, oh my god i know he's my son but he's got so good, Gloria (MIL) did nothing but cry we are all so proud of him.
On Wednesday we went to Exeter for the day, or should I say swam!!!! in the cathedral there was a Cairn I added a stone for our lovely Heather and asked to keep away any more cancer. We went to Monkey world (Dorset) on Tues it was fantastic just watching them, its amazing how like humans they were, I don't know if anyone has heard of Bicton Park, we went there on Thurs (only good day) it was lovely, it was tree day, I tried hugging a tree to see what it felt like but it didn't do anything for me LOL
What goes round comes round, its a shame you cant be a fly on the wall to watch it happen.

Re: October

Olive
Hi all, Joy, like Wendy said you sound a bit down, so sending you some Hugs.
Wendy, bet it was lovely seeing Joel, and earring him sing. Sound as you had a lovely time, even with the rain! We we are of to the lakes in the morning,we just love it there it's soo peaceful, and every one is so friendly, wish we were going for a week not just 3 days.  Olive
Joo

Re: October

Joo

Hi all,

Hugs to Joy, and put those chips down woman! They won't help and you've been so good haven't you? How much weight have you lost up till now?

Hi Olive, you'll be in the Lakes by now so hope this sunshine is making it's way up to you this week as well as spreading down to Cornwall for us!

And Wendy, have you got a cd of Joel singing? I'd love to hear him! Didn't meet up with Heather as she wasn't feeling too good for the last few days of their holiday so they returned on friday. It was a shame to miss her and Stuart but I bet she was glad to get home. Blimmin' long way there from Derby!

Hugs for Heather if you're reading these posts mate, hope you're getting over your journey now?

Still sorting out muddles and haven't packed anything yet! Still, it's only a couple of days away so don't need much........... yeh right!!!

Cheers all, chat next week,

Joo x
Joy

Re: October

Joy
Hi Folks

Thanks for the hugs , feel a bit better today I have the support group tomorrow so will try and be smiley for that. Life is just to much some times.

Joo You must be on your way by now ENJOY.   I have lost 3st. trying today and all week to make up for last week I really dont want to put any back on

Wendy it is soooo hard to tell yourself ---Dont eat that -- keep trying my friend it took me awhile to get the hang of it. So glad you had a nice holiday Joel sounds wonderful Joo right we need to hear him sing .

Olive hope you are having a good time bit chilly I bet we have the fire on .

Think my brain playing tricks I am sure I read Elaine Ann has diagnoses on shoulder now I can't find it

  hope all goes well for you .

Hugs for every one

Re: October

Olive
Hi all. We had a lovely time, at the lakes,we Wordsworth's Cottage is was so sweet, but makes you wonder how the all live in such a little place, as there was Wordsworth, his wife, sister,sister-in-law, 3 children, and lots of guests.Joy the weather was lovely sunny every day, a little cold in the evening.
When we go back my sister text to say that her daughter as had a little boy(8.11) is name is ASA George
and both are doing well.Olive

Re: October

Wendy
Oh Olive The lakes are gorgeous, not been for a few years, the cottage sounds lovely, its funny how many people shared a house, my boys have now gone, I cant remember how we got the both in, their rooms are now very different now.
Hey Joy I know what you mean when it come to shall I have that cake or not, its usually bugger it i will, then feel guilty for the rest of the day, why oh why do we punish ourselves, what about these people who never put on weight and can eat like a horse dont you just hate them !!!!!!!
Elaine dont dispair lovey you will get there in the end.
Whoops sorry on wrong thread