Our lovely Heather

1234 ... 18

Our lovely Heather

Wendy
I'm just going to make this short, Heather knows I'm putting it on, Our Heather need all our support now more than ever before, She was diagnosed with breast cancer on Tuesday and has to have a mastectomy, I hope you will all send her your good wishes and support.
What goes round comes round, its a shame you cant be a fly on the wall to watch it happen.

Re: Our lovely Heather

Buffy Boo
Administrator
Can I just add that if you are wanting to ring her can you please make arrangements amongst yourselves, ourselves so that she and Stuart aren't constantly having to answer the phone.
She has enough to do without us wearing her out.
She knows we love and care and One person could ring every few days or so and then they can pass messages on.
Heather is a fighter and I know she's got plenty of punches to throw. The big C is her next opponent.
We love you Heather.
Keep smiling
Hugs xx
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.
  - Philip K. Dick

Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Re: Our lovely Heather

heather
Hi everyone when I saw it in print I shed a few tears not got many tears left to cry now, happy tears I am going for next,like Buffy said I will fight this with every bit of strength I have. I really want to keep in touch with all my friends while I am going through this, and you people on here have been the best friends anyone could wish for. I dont mind how you do it but please just keep in touch,
It was a shock when the consultant told me, but at least now something is going to be done. But you know me how stupid I am and the daft things i say, well i said a corker after the breast cancer nurse had told me hubby and my daughter everything that was going to happen she asked "is there anything else you would like to know"  and out of the blue I asked "is there any exersises I could do " they all looked at me and she just said "no dear " lol When we got in the car and was getting over the shock hubby said "what exersises was you going to do? was you going to put a tassles on your boobies and swing them around a bit " lol so you see we can still laugh it doesn't all have to be doom and gloom. Then my son and family came tonight, he isn't taking the news that well bless him, but him and my daughter had bought me new dressing gown nighties that button down the front, and lovely fluffy slippers, be cause I was worrying about getting them.
Anyway all my good friends i better go now, i will keep posting, and I will let you know when I am going in hospital, i know some of you have my number so if you want to ring it is ok, but if you want to do like buffy says that will be ok.
love you all loads
Heather
xxxxxxxx

Re: Our lovely Heather

Olive
hi Heather, we  will all be there for you,keep your chine up.lots of love Olive xxxx
Joo

Re: Our lovely Heather

Joo
Hello Heather me old mucker, and Stuart too 'cos he's in the fight as well!! I'll be ringing you soon, and can I nominate Wendy as organiser? She's really good at that sort of thing as I well know!!!

The fight commences here  and we're tough old birds aren't we?!! Well, some more than others I guess!!

Chin up mate, we're here

Joo xxxx

Re: Our lovely Heather

Fibroman
Heather,

I would like to add my best wishes to you and your family, I hope everything goes alright with you and that you make a complete recovery, my thoughts are with you.

Graham
Visit my website: Fibromyalgia Help

Re: Our lovely Heather

xstitchnurse
Heather,

So sorry to hear your news. I am sending you the biggest hugs that I can muster and want you to know that we are all here for you and thinking of you and stuart as you start this fight.

If you feel like someone to moan at or cry on please dont hesitate to email me.

Lots of love and positive thoughts for your onward journey

Nikki
xx
Joy

Re: Our lovely Heather

Joy

I am so upset to hear of your news

Heather Keep up your fighting spirit my friend. My sister -in -law had the same as you  and 20yrs on,  she is fine.

Hugs for you and your family

Re: Our lovely Heather

Wendy
See Heather I told you so, you have wonderful mates on here.
I don't mind organizing anything if anyone wants to either ring me(if you have my number) or email me and I will sort something out, there is only one thing to warn you about,Heather can talk the legs off a donkey so don't phone her if you are in a hurry or dying for a wee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I know Heather is very strong, she has a very good family round her.

On a different note I'm off to see my Joel's show tonight, I always have a little cry(bloody mothers eh)
What goes round comes round, its a shame you cant be a fly on the wall to watch it happen.

Re: Our lovely Heather

heather
Thankyou so much everybody for your messages, like Wendy says your are a wonderful bunch of people,I hope our Wendy is enjoying her night out.
I had one bit of good news today, my other tests came back and tomorrow I can start taking the tablets to try and stop the cancer spreading till I have the masectemy.
Thats a good idea Joo of putting wendy in charge. I will keep popping on here till I have to go in hospital, then if get hubby to ring Wendy or if she is not available he can ring Joo, then they can let you all know how I am. Joo you can be in charge of kicking me up the backside if I start to give in  I dont mind who rings me its lovely to have a chat, but like wendy says, go for a pee first lol
Well folks I am going to do some studying now till I can drop off to sleep, then when I wake up I am another day closer to getting rid of this horrible thing in my booby.
Take care Peeps
Love Heather

Re: Our lovely Heather

Buffy Boo
Administrator
Thank goodness for a bit of positive news ...... and the first major step in the fight.
Well done Heather. Have you got a date yet? Give Stuart a big hug from me and tell him to give you one (a hug) from me too. (I know some people on here have dirty minds..... and maybe they thought the tassle thing was a goer!)
I'm glad you are starting off with a  positive attitude....it's not an easy road to walk down but if anyone can do it, it's you.
Have they mentioned reconstruction yet? My cousin has put hers off as her husband had been ill (heart attack) and it meant that she'd have to be in hospital for a little while and they have a 6 year old son, she doesn' want him to feel that life is all about hospitals. She gets on quite well with her prosthesis.
Things have come a long long way in the treatment of breast cancer.
Go kick it's arse!
Love to you both
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.
  - Philip K. Dick

Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Re: Our lovely Heather

elaine ann
hello heather
i am sending you my very best wishes and a big hug.all my very best
love to you and your family elaine ann
Joo

Re: Our lovely Heather

Joo
Kick arse day Heather? Hope so !! Sorry not to have rung yet, I'm looking for a three hour gap  in my day!! lol!!!

Keep an ear out for the phone this week mate, long catch up well overdue (or should that be overjoo??? )!!

Joo x

Re: Our lovely Heather

heather
Hi peeps thanks so much for your support, it is appreciated  oh Joo and Wendy are you trying to say I talk a lot lol promise I will only keep you for 2and 1/2 hours this time Joo lol
Olive Thank you and steve for your lovely hand made card
Well everything else is much the same here, Ive started on the medication to try and shrink the cancer and stop it spreading till they can operate, I have got my case packed and ready to go, I went out yesterday and got a couple of button through tops because they said I will have problems moving my right arm for a while. My kids got me lovely nighties and a fluffy robe,I got some lovely silk button through PJ's and another nightie yesterday, and hubbys mum has ordered me 2 pairs of pjs from out of her avon book. I think I will have to stay in nighties when I get home because there will be a couple of draining tubes from the scar,I bet I get in a mess with those lol just waiting to get the MRI out of the way on Thursday and then hopefully I wont have to wait long for a date for my op.
Oh and today I had a little while off from fibro cancer and all the rest of the things and had a little play in the snow with Bobby, you can see his pic on the picture thread, he wasn't to happy with the balls between his legs lol
Well everybody thanks once again for your support
Heather
xxxxxxx

Re: Our lovely Heather

Rita56
Hi Heather,I am so sorry to hear your news and I will keep you in my prayers every night.You are a strong lady and can beat this thing.You have a lot of support here too from all your friends as well as your lovely family.I am in a similar predicament at the moment(different place),wont go in to details but thinking of you.
God Bless
Rita xxxx
Rita xxxx (FMS,RA,IBS,CFS with honours)

Re: Our lovely Heather

heather
Hi peeps first of all Rita thankyou so much for your thoughts and i am so sorry you are ill thinking of you
Now your never going to believe what has happened. The breast care nurse gave me a leaflet with a breast cancer site, so I went on read lots of posts, sent for loads of information, then I thought i would put a post on. Well I introduced myself I said what had happened, told them i had other problems, but I didn't say what they where (you dont want to bore people with other things, and you know how I go on lol) Anyway I had a few people answer my post and there was one lady very much like me, other than she had her mastectomy a couple of weeks ago. Well I went on the site on Sunday and she had left me a personal message, Which was very nice.So messaged  her back, and she left me another message saying she hoped we could support each other and she has got FIBRO. I told her I had never spoken to anyone else with fibro only my lovely friends on this site, isn't it a small world,i did say to her hope we can be breast buddies so I hope she has the same sence of humour has me lol
Well peeps only 1 more day then I go for my MRI just hope everything is ok
Take care everyone
Love Heather
xxxxxxxxxxx
Joo

Re: Our lovely Heather

Joo
Hi girls,

Saw your photo on earlier Heather, lol!! I hope his little balls recovered!! Isn't it strange about finding that lady with fibro too, I hope you both get a lot from your new friendship . Have your MRI marked on my calender so there'll be lots of encouraging hugs beaming their way up to you and Stuart on Thursday

Now Rita, whats all this about you my girl???? Whatever it is, you seem to be another recipient for the hug factory otherwise known as fibro fighters!! Sending special hugs to our brave lasses.

Take care, sleep well and I'll be thinking of you both.

Joo xxx

Re: Our lovely Heather

Rita56
Hi Joo,Remember the MRI I had on my back 6 months ago?Well I saw my rheumy a few weeks ago and he said my back was ok but there was a large mass in my pelvis.Had an ultrasound last friday,I have a very large cyst in the right side of my pelvis(10cms or 4ins)they are not sure if it is attached to the ovary as they cannot see the ovary.The ultrasound sent me straight to the gynae emergency dept.They have taken blood tests to test for anything nasty and I have an appointment to see a consultant on the 17th of this month. Am quite worried as you can imagine.Will have to have it removed whatever it is.Not sure if it's related to all the bowel problems I have had for months too. Anyway,sorry for hijacking Heathers post,sending all my prayers for Heather.Heather have you ever tried visualisation? I have a short visualisation I downloaded if you are interested.It may help in healing.I will send you it if you're interested through an email.Joo has my email to give you if you need it.God Bless.
Rita xxxx (FMS,RA,IBS,CFS with honours)

Re: Our lovely Heather

Fibroman
Rita56 wrote
Heather have you ever tried visualisation?
I have used visualisation and find it very good, I have tried it when visiting the dentist (which absolutely petrifies me), I just imagine I am on my favourite beach the sea is gently lapping on the shore and the sun is beating down, as I say it worked for me and also with my fibro.

I've also had success with relaxation techniques and meditation. I can recommend it to anyone it takes a bit of practice but you can get quite good at it.

Big hugs to Heather and Rita plus of course anyone else who needs them.

Graham
Visit my website: Fibromyalgia Help

Re: Our lovely Heather

Buffy Boo
Administrator
Rita, my hope are that it is a harmless cyst which can be removed with little or no complicatons.... it's impossible not to worry about these things. Does your visualisation include shrinking the cyst? I have read lots of cases where the sufferer has meditated and visualised the growth getting smaller and it does help those that can really do the visualisation thing. I have difficulty actually "leting go" and flowing with it. Although I have sometimes been able to stop various pains with it... I just can't keep them stopped.

Heather, I also will be sending hugs and love through the ether to you and Stuart for tomorrow.

Keep kicking arse ladies.