dla

dippydee
would just like to let everyone know i finally got dla, lower rate for both components but better than a kick up the rear. so anyone who is still waiting dont give up
dawn x

Re: dla

Wendy
I'm really pleased for you Dawn, I'm getting Employment support allowance,( Its the new Incapacity)  but I have to have a medical 16th June, I still think they don't believe we mere Fibro sufferers, we will see.
What goes round comes round, its a shame you cant be a fly on the wall to watch it happen.

RE: dla

dippydee
hi wendy
yh i get incapacity benefit too as well as dla. i didnt have to have a medical whether thats anything to do with what i have other than fibro or that they cntacted all three ologists i see as well as my gp i dont know???? they seem to be helpful for one and not the other its not fair. i hvae as well as fibro is vasovagal syncope and anklyosing spondylitis.
wil you be at this months fibro meeting in portishead? look forward to seeing you there if you are able to make it. if u fancy a chat before then or at anytime my mob number is 07896549674
take care
dawn

Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 10:08:24 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: dla

I'm really pleased for you Dawn, I'm getting Employment support allowance,( Its the new Incapacity)  but I have to have a medical 16th June, I still think they don't believe we mere Fibro sufferers, we will see.
What goes round comes round, its a shame you cant be a fly on the wall to watch it happen.

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/dla-tp3026954p3039208.html

RE: dla

Wendy
Hiya, yes I will be there, its our pampering day I wouldn't miss it for the world, reflexology, massage, beautician, I will text you soon,
What goes round comes round, its a shame you cant be a fly on the wall to watch it happen.

RE: dla

elaine ann
hiya girls
i had an industrial accident in 1985 where a trapdoor closed on my back and someone was on top of it at the time.i was awarded incapacity in about 1995 as the doctors finally decided it was the accident that caused the problem.but through the medicals i had to go to they signed me fit for work seven years ago.the thing that makes me mad is when i had my first medical they refused me anything in1995 si i appealed and won thwy said i was 25%disabled not 14% the original claim.i do get industrial inguries but only £25 weekly.now when i went for the original appeal i saw a surgoen,a retired consultant and a solicitor who all said my condition would not get better only worse.so when they signed me fit if i had seen a surgeon,a retired consultant etc i would have been ok with that but i saw a snotty young female gp and as we all know gps dont know a lot about this condition.still they can shove their money where the sun dont shine.
take care folks
elaine ann

RE: dla

Wendy
Elaine Anne I feel the same, Ive worked for 35years, time off for having the kids, so I think i have paid enough in, but why is it the chap who lives down the road gets everything, he says he has a bad back, but he plays piggin golf every other day ( if I tried it I wouldn't be able to walk for a week after), he is going on holiday next week a golfing holiday it really gets my goat, I get £30.00 a week and they still want to give me a medical, I'm too honest for my own good.Like you said If I could afford it I would tell them to shove it up their T-shirts(Its hard to be lady like eh!!)
What goes round comes round, its a shame you cant be a fly on the wall to watch it happen.

Re: dla

Olive
Well done dawn, Olive

RE: dla

dippydee

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 12:27:14 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

Well done dawn, Olive

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/dla-tp3026954p3082274.html

hi olive
thanks for that, i have since spoke to dla on my gp recomendation as he says when i completed the form my daughter in law (who lives with us) was here at home all day to help but now she is in full time work he says i shouldnt be left alone coz of my vasovagal so to ask for review to see if they are pos going to give me the higher rate, so waiting to hear about that but it takes up to eleven weeks!!!! why???? i give up
hope ur on a good day
dawn

Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 Optimised for MSN. Download Now

RE: dla

Wendy
I went for my medical assessment today, I felt as though I was asking for a million pounds, she said did I have anything to say before she wrote her report, so I said, all I can say is that I didn't choose to have Fibromyalgia, and for the medics who don't believe us could just suffer with it for a few days, then we wouldn't have all the problems with benefits.so I just have to wait to here from then now.
What goes round comes round, its a shame you cant be a fly on the wall to watch it happen.