money off your gas and electric bills

Olive
Hi all, i have just been reading a magazine, and there was apiece on saving money on your fuel bills.
It's called Social tariff, so Steve phoned your provider ( we have the gas and electric together)
and if you are on D.L,A you get money off your bill, they have back dated ours to February, and they are adding 85 pound to our account, it works out we get 3 percent off the normal tariff.We are made up. Olive

Re: money off your gas and electric bills

Buffy Boo
Administrator
I'll check with mine see if I'm eligible.
Cheers Olive!
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.
  - Philip K. Dick

Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
Joo

Re: money off your gas and electric bills

Joo

Wow! I nearly missed this post Olive! Thats very good news for many people, I'm going to check it out

Thanks very much and maybe there's more things to know about that could save peeps a few bob? Didn't we have a post like this once before?

Joo x

Re: money off your gas and electric bills

Wendy
You have to be over 60.
What goes round comes round, its a shame you cant be a fly on the wall to watch it happen.

Re: money off your gas and electric bills

Olive
Yes but if you are on DLA or have small children and on a low income, you can still get it.
Joy

Re: money off your gas and electric bills

Joy
Great news is it means tested ?

I always seem to miss out on all these things, Ive just had a letter today to tell me that Jobseekers allowance has run out so I'm getting a big fat nought, they say that Steve earns too much its a joke, coz once we've paid the mortgage and the bills there isn't a right lot left, do you know I have worked for 30 years paid in all those years to be treated like this, but the bloody folk who have never worked a day in their lives get everything (my moan over with)
What goes round comes round, its a shame you cant be a fly on the wall to watch it happen.

Re: money off your gas and electric bills

Olive
No Steve, just phoned our provider, and asked about the social tariff, Steve said that i was disabled and on DLA and he said that we were eligible for the discount.